Here Are Some Proven Benefits of Blueberries
1. Blueberries Are Low in Calories But High in Nutrients
Blueberry bushes produce a purple flower that eventually becomes the blueberries we eat. They are high in vitamins K, C and also high in fiber.
Blueberries have the highest antioxidant contents of any of the fruits or vegetables on the planet. The largest anti-oxidants are provided by a group known as flavonoids. The flavonoid known as anthocyanins is the main beneficial provider.
2. Blueberries Can Help Maintain Brain Function and Improve Memory
Stress is the main factor in the aging process. Stress has to be one factor to avoid. This avoidance is a crucial part of longevity. It will affect the human brain more than any other single factor. Antioxidants in blueberries have been shown in studies to affect the part of your brain that is most essential to memory and intelligence. They appear to do this in aging neurons which lead to better memory.
3. Anthocyanins in Blueberries May Have Anti-Diabetes Effects
Blueberries provide a lower amount of sugar than many other fruits. One cup has 15 grams of sugar or about the same as an apple or orange.
The bioactive compounds provided by blueberries outweigh the negative implications of their sugar content. One of the top benefits is they seem to aid in diabetes by providing improved insulin sensitivity which lowers blood sugar levels.
4. Blueberries Can Reduce Muscle Damage After Strenuous Exercise
Strenuous exercise can lead to muscle soreness and fatigue. This is most often caused by muscle stress from oxidation. Blueberries can ease the damage at the base level. This will provide less soreness as well as better muscle development and performance.
Keto Blueberry Smoothie
- 8 oz cold water can use ice cubes
- 1/2 large banana
- 1/3 cup soy protein
- 1/2 Tbsp flaxseed oil
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 Tbsp apple juice concentrate or honey
- 1 tsp psyllium seed husks
- non-fat yogurt optional choice to thicken the smoothie
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- Mix to desired consistency
- Add non-fat yogurt for a thicker blend
Would You Like To Know More:
Crunchless Keto Friendly Taco Salad