3-Pepper Steak Recipe
3-Pepper Steak Recipe: Whisk agave, salsa, and pepper sauces until blended. Marinate in sauces for 30 minutes. The results are unbelievably delicious.
Questions For the Best 3-Pepper Steak Recipe and Cooking Tips
1. What Makes Some Pepper Steak Tough?
Pepper steak can easily get tough, especially when you use cuts like shank or chuck. These cuts come from the legs and shoulders of the cow, so the muscles are used a bit more than the sirloin and flank, for example.
The more a muscle is used, the tougher the meat tends to be.
2. What Are Some Tips for Scratch Pepper Steak?
Sprinkle meat with paprika. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Brown beef. Add broth and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, and water; stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Gently stir in tomatoes and heat through.
3. Why Is My Pepper Steak Tough With Flank Steak?
The meat has a lot of tough fibers running through it and is fairly lean. It’s a thicker, wider cut of meat than skirt steak.
Flavor and texture: Flank steak has tons of intense beefy flavor but can be a little tough. Eat it thinly sliced and cut against the grain for maximum tenderness.
4. How Can I Make My Pepper Steak More Tender With Flank Steak?
1. Physically tenderize the meat. For tough cuts like chuck steak, a meat mallet can be a surprisingly effective way to break down those tough muscle fibers.
2. Use a marinade. …
3. Don’t forget the salt.
4. Cook it low-and-slow.
5. Hit the right internal temperature.
6. Slice against the grain.
5. Where Did Pepper Steak with Onion Originate?
Chinese Pepper steak or Black Pepper Beef is a stir-fried Chinese American dish.
It usually consists of sliced beef steak (often flank, sirloin, or round) cooked with sliced green and/or red bell peppers and other seasonings such as soy sauce and ginger.
6. Does Flank Steak Get Tender In the Instant Pot?
Yes, it does but there are a few tips to make it better.
This is important: once it’s cooked, cut flank steak into thin slices and against the grain and it will be tender to chew and not stringy.
Try to plan ahead because being able to marinate the meat for at least 4 hours prior to cooking will mean a more tender and flavorful result.
Now that you have looked over the 3-Pepper Steak Recipe
Let’s learn more about other Healthy and Delicious Steak Ideas
How about checking out other Top Healthy Meal Ideas
About the Sauces Used in the 3-Pepper Steak Recipe
Agave syrup is made from the Agave americana and tequilana plants, the leaves are cut off the plant after it has been growing for seven to fourteen years. The juice is then extracted from the core of the agave, called the piña.
The juice is filtered, then heated to break the complex components into simple sugars. This filtered juice is then concentrated to a syrupy liquid, slightly thinner than honey. Its color varies from light- to dark amber, depending on the degree of processing. (1)
Salsa is a variety of sauces used at the table as condiments for tacos and other Mexican and Mexican-American foods and as dips for tortilla chips. They may be raw or cooked and are generally served at room temperature.
Though the word salsa is Spanish for any kind of sauce, in English, it refers specifically to these Mexican table sauces, especially to the chunky tomato-and-chili-based pico de gallo, as well as to salsa verde.
The Jalapeño is a medium-sized chili pepper pod. A mature jalapeño chili is 2–4 inches long and hangs down with a round, firm, smooth flesh of 1–1 1⁄2 inches wide. It can have a range of pungency, with Scoville heat units of 3,500 to 8,000.
Commonly picked and consumed while still green, it is occasionally allowed to fully ripen and turn red, orange, or yellow. It is wider and generally milder than the similar Serrano pepper.
A chipotle is a smoke-dried ripe jalapeño chili pepper used for seasoning. It is a chili used primarily in Mexican and Mexican-inspired cuisines, such as Tex-Mex and Southwestern dishes.
A chipotle’s heat is similar to that of the Espelette pepper, jalapeño, Guajillo chili, Hungarian wax pepper, Anaheim pepper, and Tabasco sauce.
- Large zip-top bag
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 lb steaks for grilling such as ribeye, New York strip, or tenderloin
- 8 dinner rolls or Deli sweet
- 1/4 cup cheese spread cheddar-jalapeño
- 5 21 gr slices Muenster cheese
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise Light
- 1 teaspoon cilantro herb paste
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- Whisk agave, salsa, and pepper sauces until blended. Place 1/2 cup sauce in a zip-top bag, then add the steaks. Seal the bag and knead to coat; let it stand 30 minutes to marinate. Preheat the grill on medium-high.
- Place steaks on the grill (discard marinade); cook 5–6 minutes on each side or until grill-marked and steaks are 125°F (for medium-rare; warm red center), 130°F (for medium; warm pink center), or up to 170°F (for well-done). Transfer steaks to a serving platter; let stand 5–10 minutes. The temperature will rise 5–10°F during this time. Brush with the remaining 6 tablespoons of sauce; serve.
- NOTE: The doneness temperatures for medium-rare and medium stated above are traditional temperatures used for cooking the steaks, but are not recommended by the USDA. To maintain food safety, the USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145°F, as measured using a food thermometer, with a 3-minute rest time before carving.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Leave the rolls connected; do not break them apart or separate. Slice the rolls in half lengthwise to open. Spread the cheese spread over the bottom half of the bread and top with cheese slices. Combine mayonnaise and herb paste; spread over the cut-side of the top half of the bread.
- Melt the butter. Pour one-half of the butter into a 9-inch square baking dish; place the bottom half of bread in dish. Top with the other half of bread and drizzle with the remaining half of the butter. Bake 12–15 minutes or until the top has browned and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. (Makes 6 servings.)
▸ Complete your meal with steamed broccoli, sweet tea, and Key lime pie for dessert.
▸ Try the bread recipe with other cheeses such as cheddar and provolone. Or, go bold with pepper jack.
Thank you for taking the time to review the 3-Pepper Steak Recipe and Cheesy Bread.
Please leave an honest review of how you like the recipes you try and if possible any changes you made that made a better recipe. It really helps others trying to make great food that makes them lose weight.
Our members at Hot Bod Zone love to hear from people and try the innovations about every type of food. To share a recipe contact us through our website.
(1) Text Courtesy of Agave – Wikipedia
This recipe was adapted from Publix