About the Crunchless Keto Friendly Taco Salad
My Chicken Taco Salad recipe has all the fixings you’ll find in your favorite healthy taco salad; lettuce, spiced chicken, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, avocado, salsa, the works! But it is sooooo much easier to eat.
We have added all the basic ingredients in your salad including chicken, cheese, avocado and salsa but without the beans and taco shells to keep it friendly for Keto dieters. It still works well and you will love it. Adding everything to a salad of Romaine lettuce makes everything come together with the Salsa and Yogurt Dressing.
The low-carb dressing makes this all work perfectly and the taste is as good as anything you will find in a restaurant. Another good thing is you can get the ingredients in any country of the world. (Well Sort Of). Since we travel constantly we try to keep as many of our favorites as we can.
To make healthy taco salad dressing, I mix together salsa and plain nonfat Greek yogurt. The yogurt tastes just like a big dollop of sour cream, without the additional calories, and it gives the Crunchless Keto Friendly Taco Salad an extra boost of protein, too.
Have you been feeling like you can’t consume tacos in any form because of Keto? Well, don’t worry! You can still have your tacos ‘sans shells’. This salad is great for any occasion. It is so easy to put together. We love it for family dinners and entertaining our friends. Whether or not they are followers of the Keto Diet, we get raves on the Keto Friendly Taco Salad. You can use Chicken, Ground Beef, or Pork. I haven’t tried it with fish yet. I’ll have to ponder on that one for a while.
Crunchless Keto Friendly Taco Salad Recipe
- large, nonstick skillet
For The Taco Salad:
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 1 pound cubed chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head romaine lettuce roughly chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrots optional garnish
For the Salsa Yogurt Dressing:
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium high. Add the cubed chicken, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in bag and shake to thoroughly coat the chicken. Drop coated chicken and spices into skillet. Stir with a spoon until it is cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the salsa and Greek yogurt to make the dressing.
- Place the romaine in a large serving bowl. Top with 1/4 cup of the salsa-yogurt mixture, the chicken, tomatoes, avocado, cheese, and green onions. Toss lightly to combine. Serve immediately and add more salsa-yogurt dressing as desired.
|Would You Like To Know More:
Dry Buffalo Rub Cauliflower Florets w Ranch Dressing