Juicy zesty baked chicken, marinated in garlic, green chili, spices, garam masala, cornflour, yogurt, and cream! Baked and drizzled with cream for out-of-this-world chicken kababs!
Tender and juicy Afghani Chicken Tikka is super easy to make and is bursting with flavor. ‘Tikka’ means pieces of meat marinated in a spicy mix. Smothered in a homemade marinade, these tikkas are so good that they will simply melt-in-your-mouth.
A little different from regular baked chicken tikka, this is a kind of chicken kabobs which can be served many ways – as an appetizer, a snack, or the main course
Afghani Chicken Tikka
- Skewers or Satay sticks
- Baking Rack
- 250 grams boneless chicken legs cut into 1½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup hung yogurt
- ½ cup fresh cream for drizzling
- ½ tbsp garlic paste
- ½ tbsp green chili paste
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Salt to taste
- A large pinch garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Butter for brushing
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- Whisk together hung yogurt, cream, garlic paste, green chili paste, crushed peppercorns, salt, garam masala powder, cornflour, lemon juice. and oil in a bowl.
- Add chicken pieces, mix well and refrigerate to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Skewer marinated chicken pieces onto satay sticks and place on a wire rack. Put the rack in the preheated oven, brush with some butter and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Drizzle some cream on top, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with onion rings and lemon wedges.
Nutritional InformationAll percentages will change with the number of skewers a person eats.
Appetizers would be way less than the main course.