Chili Butter Steaks Recipe: A couple of spoonfuls of spicy butter instantly gives the steak a delicious Southwestern slant. Meat lovers will be delighted by the flavors.
10 FAQ for Cooking the Perfect Steak
1. How do you cook the perfect medium steak?
Cook a 2cm-thick piece of steak for 2-3 minutes each side for rare, 4 minutes each side for medium, and 5-6 minutes each side for well-done. Turn the steak only once, otherwise, it will dry out. Always use tongs to handle steak as they won’t pierce the meat, allowing the juices to escape.
2. What do you use to cook a steak?
Put the pan over high heat, and leave it until it is extremely hot. Add 1T butter and 2T olive or canola oil to the pan and watch for the butter starting to brown. Place the steak into the pan and reduce the heat to medium, cooking the first side for 4-6 minutes.
3. How many minutes do you cook Chili Butter Steaks?
The timing. As a rule of thumb (for a steak 22mm thick) – cook 2 minutes each side for rare, 3-4 mins each side for medium-rare and 4-6 mins each side for medium. For well done, cook for 2-4 minutes each side, then turn the heat down and cook for another 4-6 minutes.
4. How Make A Tender Steak?
a. Physically tenderize the meat. For tough cuts like chuck steak, a meat mallet can be a surprisingly effective way to break down those tough muscle fibers.
b. Use a marinade.
c. Don’t forget the salt.
d. Let it come up to room temperature.
e. Cook it low-and-slow.
f. Hit the right internal temperature.
g. Rest your meat.
h. Slice against the grain.
5. Is it better to cook Chili Butter Steaks in the oven or stove?
As opposed to finishing the steaks on the stovetop, transferring them to the oven stops the searing at the ideal point, allowing the interior of the steak to continue cooking without burning the exterior. Depending on the thickness of your steaks, they should take no more than 7 minutes for medium-rare doneness.
6. Is it better to cook steak with butter or oil?
Extra virgin olive oil has a low smoke point of around 320 degrees, and butter is a bit higher at around 350 degrees. … Better choices for grilling or frying steak include peanut oil, canola oil, and extra light olive oil, all of which have smoke points above 400 degrees.
7. Seasoning Your Chili Butter Steaks Right Before Grilling
Press the salt crystals and pepper granules into the meat. You can brush the steaks with a little bit of clarified butter or refined high-heat oil or a mixture of oil right before we grilling. The debate over when to salt is just that—a debate.
8. Why is my steak tough and chewy?
This is because steaks from muscle rich parts of an animal have more connective tissues due to the muscles. Meat science has it that an old animal has tougher and chewy steak since its meat has more muscle fibers than a young one. The type of food an animal is fed will also determine the texture of its meat.
9. Is Chili Butter Steak better broiled or pan-fried?
By searing first, then finishing in the oven, sear-roasting poses fewer problems than pan-frying and broiling. This method, however, is less accurate than grilling or sous vide, where you can bring Chili Butter Steaks more-or-less precisely to temperature, and can lead to over-cooking.
10. How do you cook Chili Butter Steaks inside without smoking it?
Here’s how it works. Heat the oven to 225 degrees. Place a large steak on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet, and then set it in the oven. Cook until your Chili Butter Steaks are 115 degrees in the middle, or about 20 degrees shy of medium-rare.
Now that you are checking out 20 Effortless Keto-Friendly Vegetables Recipes
Let’s learn more about Other Air Fryer Recipes.
20 Simple Keto Recipes For Air Fryer Chicken
Our 20 Best Keto Air Fryer Beef Recipes
20 Irresistible Air Fryer Keto Pork Recipes
14 Great Weight Watchers Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Let’s Check Out More Keto Recipes
15 Great Keto Fish Recipes Done in 20 Minutes
20 Best Keto Seafood Recipes Done In 20 Minutes
25 Best Keto Chicken Recipes Done in 20 Minutes
10 Great Keto Pork Recipes Done In 20 Minutes
Chili Butter Steaks Recipe
- Grill or Grill Pan
- food processor bowl
- small saucepan
- Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
Steaks with Chili Butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder divided
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pink salt or kosher
- 1 1/2 lb steaks grilling , such as ribeye or strip
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 12-oz jar red peppers roasted, drained
- 1 tablespoon pepper sauce chipotle
- 1/4 cup green onions presliced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter chilled
Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese wedge
- 1/4 cup whipping cream heavy
- 1 teaspoon pink salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Steaks with Chili Butter
- Preheat grill (or grill pan) on medium. Combine 2 teaspoons chili powder, brown sugar, and salt; coat steaks on all sides with oil and seasoning mix (wash hands). Place steaks on grill; grill 6–8 minutes, turning occasionally, and until steaks are done to your liking. Transfer steaks to cutting board; let stand 5–10 minutes before slicing. Temperature will rise 5–10°F during this time.
- Drain peppers. Place peppers, pepper sauce, remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and green onions in food processor bowl; process until smooth.
- Transfer sauce to a small saucepan; bring to a simmer on low for 1–2 minutes. Meanwhile, cut butter into small cubes. Remove pan from heat; whisk in butter until blended. Serve sauce over steaks.
Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Meanwhile, cut butter in half lengthwise (if using stick butter), then cut each half into 12 very thin slices. Cut cheese into 24 very thin slices (may be done with a vegetable peeler). Line baking sheet with foil (or layout squares of foil for finishing on the grill). Let potatoes stand 10 minutes to cool.
- Cut most of the way through each potato (with a serrated knife) at 1/4-inch intervals (10–12 cuts), leaving 1/4-inch intact. Place potatoes on a baking sheet (or foil); alternate placing butter and cheese in between cuts. Drizzle top of potatoes with cream; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake potatoes 7–8 minutes or until tender and the cheese has melted. Serve.
You can also finish the potatoes on the grill, over indirect heat, until potatoes are very tender when pierced with a fork. Cooking Sequence Prepare potatoes through step 2; preheat grill (30 minutes)
Prepare steaks and begin to grill (5 minutes)
Bake potatoes and complete steaks; serve (15 minutes) The doneness temperatures for medium-rare and medium stated above are traditional temperatures used for cooking steaks but are not recommended by the USDA. To maintain food safety, the USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145°F, as measured using a food thermometer, with a 3-minute rest time before carving.
Thank you for taking the time to reviews our Chili Butter Steaks Recipe.
Please leave an honest review and star rating of how you like the Chili Butter Steaks you try and if possible any changes you made that made a better recipe. It really helps others trying to make great food that makes them lose weight.
Our members at Hot Bod Zone love to hear from people and try the innovations about every type of food. To share a recipe contact us through our website.